[aprssig] APRS device identifiers (tocalls.txt)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Oct 25 13:10:49 EDT 2013

On 10/25/2013 11:54 AM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> 2)I’d like to resolve these issues:
>
> a)We need for APRSpoint to nail down his subset of APOxxx
>
> b)APRS+SA is no longer in production.  Can we lock down his range?

APRS+SA is dead because it is TOTALLY DEPENDENT on a version of Delorme Steet
Atlas that went out of print over 10 years ago.  (No version of Street Atlas
after Ver 9.0 (c) 2001 will work with APRSplus.)

APRSpoint is effectively an orphan also. There has been NO activity on the
APRSpoint website for nearly two years.

The author has abandoned moderating the APRSpoint Yahoo! group, and let it
become overrun with spammers.  Another user on the group has now siezed control
of the group and evicted the spammers, but still no signs of life from the
author.....

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:   14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/uca202.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths