[aprssig] Public Icon Set

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Mon Oct 14 06:05:50 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Heikki Hannikainen <hessu at hes.iki.fi> wrote:
> we'd actually like to have some sort of graphic artist do it for us since
> we can't make them pretty enough ourselves.

On Friday I sent an RFP-type email towards one potential source of
graphic artist candidates. I'll keep you posted what comes out of it.

I'd start by getting a few example symbols done, and based on review
of that (and the technical specs), order the rest. Do the current
standard set first, and only then go with extensions.

Emphasis on wide reusability, licensing allowing future development
and commercial+noncommercial reuse, easy integration to app build
processes (drop in new versions, rebuild, distribute).

- Hessu