[aprssig] Msg reply path (for SSn-N)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Oct 5 18:28:41 EDT 2013

Why would it fail?  If a message came in from VA3-3 to me and I live
in Maryalnd and my system ACKED via VA3-3 it should have a good chance
of  getting back to the Virginia originator.

If it came in via MD3--3 and my ack went out via MD3-3 it would still get back
to the Maryland Originator

But if it did as now, and ACKED via WIDE2-2, the default path in this
area, then NONE of these acks would get back and then we would have to
hear about 5 * 3 or 15 copies of the message and the same 15 copies of
my ACKS not getting back.  A travesty for the network.

So I disagree with your assessment.  Reversing an SSn-N path when N is
greater than 3 is almost required.  And it does not make a bit of
difference in overlapping areas as you suggest. (unless I am missing
something).

Bob, WB4apr