[aprssig] Msg reply path

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Fri Oct 4 03:38:16 EDT 2013

Hi Tony,

* Tony VE6MVP <tony at ve6mvp.com> [2013-10-04 04:08]:
> Scenario.  My device/software is set to beacon on WIDE2-2.  But I
> get a message via AB7-7 (Alberta).  I'd like to have the
> acknowledgement and my reply automatically set to use AB7-7.  Of
> course by the time I get the message it might be AB7-3 but you get
> the idea.

I remember reading something similar in one of the standard documents.
It sounds easy enough, but the devil is in the details.

It would be nice to have specific guidelines on when to use the original
path, or which elements of it to use - set the specific digis which
forwarded the message, or set the same placeholders (WIDE, AB, ...)?

How to handle own mobility? Should a reply message be sent via your
default path if it is 10 minutes older? 30 minutes?

73 de Georg DO1GL
--
APRSdroid - Open Source APRS Client for Android ++ http://aprsdroid.org/m
     ++ https://market.android.com/details?id=org.aprsdroid.app ++