[aprssig] Msg reply path

Tony VE6MVP tony at ve6mvp.com
Thu Oct 3 21:58:27 EDT 2013

At 07:38 AM 2013-10-02, Andrew P. wrote:

 >So we can find each other when needed, here's the start of a list of
 >APRS software authors.

Excellent idea!  I'm thinking.  Wow, what an influential group is
following this mailing list.  Now what suggestions do I have that are
generic? <smile>

Here's one.    If your device/software can reply to messages please
do not use the device/software default path.  If you can review the
path of the message you have received and attempt to use that path
when replying.

Scenario.  My device/software is set to beacon on WIDE2-2.  But I get
a message via AB7-7 (Alberta).  I'd like to have the acknowledgement
and my reply automatically set to use AB7-7.  Of course by the time I
get the message it might be AB7-3 but you get the idea.

Tony  VA6OO