[aprssig] Parachute Mobile this Saturday, March 23rd

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 17:53:37 EDT 2013

[Reposted from CA_APRS mailing list]

QST	QST	QST...

Parachute Mobile Skydiving QSO Jump!

Parachute Mobile is a unique way of combining two great hobbies; skydiving and
amateur radio.  Our skydivers will jump from 13,500 feet and once they have
deployed their parachutes they will make QSOs with as many hams as possible.
The Drop Zone will be at the Marina Municipal Airport.

Date: March 23, 2013.  This will be our 14th mission and we are proud to be
scheduled in conjunction with Radiofest, ARRL's Santa Clara Valley Section
Convention.  Conventioneers are encourage to make a QSO with the skydiver and
to come by our display table to learn more about our projects.

Jump Times:  The first jump is scheduled to occur around 1100 hrs with each
additional jump approximately 90 minutes apart.  We don't have control over the
aircraft or weather so times may change.  We hope to make 3 jumps.

Frequency:  QSOs with the Jumpers will be on 146.430 simplex with an alternate
of 147.570 simplex

APRS:  "Jumper 1" and "Jumper 2" will be fitted with APRS that will transmit
location and altitude as well as biotelemetry data, which includes SpO2 (blood
oxygen saturation) and heart rate.  Look for AF6IM for Jumper 1, and KF6WRW for
Jumper 2 on your favorite APRS web site.  No SSID required.

Live Streaming Video:  We will also be streaming live video from the Drop Zone
(DZ).  Log into ustream.tv/channel/mfwright.com, or come by the display table
to watch the action unfold.

Updates: QSTs and updates on the day of the event will be made on:
K6LY Repeater (event talk-in), 146.970- 94.8
LPRC Repeater (Loma Prieta), 146.640- 162.2
Special Event QSL cards will be available.

Hear the action, make a QSO!

Note: This event is subject to weather conditions and there is always the
possibility the event could be canceled.  But you can still visit with us at
our display table at Radiofest.

For more information go to parachutemobile.org

<*> Your email settings:
     Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
     (Yahoo! ID required)