[aprssig] Digi Question (probably not)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Mar 20 09:00:51 EDT 2013

> there is another digi 7.2mi from here... would I be contributing
> anything useful by building another digi so close,
> or would I just be cluttering up the frequency?

Easy answer.  Does a mobile at your location get into the other digi?  If
so, then there is -no- need for your digi.

Another answer.  Is there a need for HT coverage at your location?  IE, is
there something special at your location that is unique and would expect
to see a number of HAMS walking around with APRS HT's and nee ing to
communicate?  If so, THEN, does the other digi hear an HT from your
location?  If yes, again, then your digi is not needed. If no and ONLY IF
there remains the HT need, then yes.

Bob, WB4APR