[aprssig] Digi Question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Mar 19 15:59:22 EDT 2013

I'd recommend setting up a TNC connected to the radio and antenna that
you propose using for the digipeater and then listening, recording, and
observing the local RF network.  If you copy packets directly and also
the digipeat from the existing digipeater, then you really won't be
adding any benefit to the network.  If you copy packets directly that
the existing digipeater doesn't seem to copy, then map out where they
are to determine if your coverage of that area would be beneficial or not.

APRSISCE/32 has a path display capability that can make such local RF
network analysis rather fun to do.