[aprssig] next beta build #25 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 16 17:00:33 EDT 2013

Greetings, all.

The next build of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client") has been released, downloadable from the usual places:

http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yetanotheraprsc

or upgradeable for existing installation of YAAC by using the Help->Check for Updates menu option.

The primary improvements in this release are significant speed-ups in map rendering, and a few bug fixes. Note that to get full advantage of the map rendering speed-ups, you will need to also update your OpenStreetMap data to the latest data (June 5th) posted on the author's website (yes, I know that the OpenStreetMap Foundation just released another build of the raw map data yesterday, but I haven't had time to process it in yet; this will be posted later this week). Note that, due to the performance enhancements, you won't be able to use the new pre-imported map data from the author without also upgrading to the new version of YAAC.

Again, we're still taking bug reports and feature requests. The bug report system is at http://www.ka2ddo.org:81/bugzilla

Enjoy!

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC