[aprssig] 1200 vs 9600 baud (was: Tracker3 9600 baud balloon tracker beta offer)

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun Dec 22 20:04:23 EST 2013

SDR handheld ?

SDR payloads ?

- Andrew -
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hüseyin ODABAŞ, TA1DF
  Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 6:08 PM
  Subject: Re: [aprssig] 1200 vs 9600 baud (was: Tracker3 9600 baud balloon tracker beta offer)

  Hi to all

  A Beagle Bone Black + AIS based 9k6 modem - low power UHF cape combo would be a good combination as new year gift :-)

  Best 73!

  Huseyin TA1DF

  20 Ara 2013 08:13 tarihinde "Scott Miller" <scott at opentrac.org> yazdı:

    I want to see more 9600 baud APRS on 70cm - we don't get a lot of consumer RF stuff down in the VHF bands and it's never going to be as cheap as the low-power UHF stuff that's churned out in massive quantities for consumer electronics.

    But it shouldn't be just a faster APRS network.  It needs to be a lot smarter - self-organizing and adaptive, not relying on centralized control but also not every man for himself ALOHA networking.

    I'm hoping to play around with that some myself, but right now I've got two more pallets of weather stations to finish packing... somehow running a full-time APRS business is leaving me less time to play with APRS.

    Scott
    N1VG