[aprssig] KS9N's USA Map for APRSdroid

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Aug 21 20:33:18 EDT 2013

On 8/19/2013 1:10 PM, Georg Lukas wrote:
> http://aprsdroid.org/KS9N_USA_MAP_for_APRSDROID.torrent (torrent)
>
> http://duenndns.de/KS9N%20USA%20MAP%20for%20APRSDROID/ (http)

Has anyone downloaded this map and tried it on the Southern USA?  I
admit that I haven't tried it with APRSdroid, but using the MapsForge
test application on Android and zooming in, it seems the maps end just
south of San Diego (on the west coast) and just north of Charleston  (on
the east coast).  San Antonio is there at outer zooms, but completely
disappears when you zoom in on it.  And you can forget about seeing any
detail in Florida!

Does anyone know what coordinate range was used by KS9N when the map was
built?