[aprssig] New Jersey and Rutgers APRS and repeaters?

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Tue Apr 16 08:23:00 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM, John Gorkos <jgorkos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not to poke a badger with a stick, but you DO know that maps aren't the
> end-all, be-all of APRS, right?

The point was less of a "cluttering the map" and more of a "just TRY
to get the digi owners to agree to which is the right repeater to
advertise."  You're lucky if a club in the area can agree on the right
repeater to use, even if they own it.  Everyone would advertise a
different one, others would put up objects on their own to advertise
their favorite, and before long the list of "recommended repeaters" is
just as useful and complete as the ARRL Repeater Directory for this
area.  I suspect many digi owners also belong to multiple clubs, each
with their own repeater alliances...

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, PICSciE/CSES & Astrophysical Sci
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346344   -74.652242