[aprssig] HF noise measuring campaign reports via APRS

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Sep 16 14:37:36 EDT 2012

Have you considered using the user-defined data format packet instead of
overloading the (supposedly humanly readable) status report packet?

See chapter 18 of aprs101.pdf.

Interested parties could still read raw packets for a station or use an
APRS-IS filter of t/u (user defined) to pick them all up.

PS.  I hope I'm not too late to this discussion.  I've been a bit
incommunicado recently.