[aprssig] Future for aprs?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:26:59 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Dave B <dave at g8kbv.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2x
>
> An "Open" portable gaming device, base on Linux.

I first saw this one a few years ago.  Didn't see enough to make me
spend the money, and now there are ARM based linux systems (Sheeva
Plug, guru plug, and of course the Rasberry Pi ad nauseum).

None are packaged as well as the GP2x, but all have considerable more
power.  I've got a sheeva plug at work - once I get it running for its
primary purpose, I may throw xastir on it and see how it behaves.  If
it's usable, I may buy one for myself and finally have that APRS
truckputer I've been threatening for 6 or 8 years.

-Jason
kg4wsv