[aprssig] APRS and dstar (why)

Brian Clark brian.ag4bc at gmail.com
Sun May 27 15:02:29 EDT 2012

I disagree with you on the Yaesu radio. When I went through the booth, you couldn't get near it. How is that a "flop?" You also state the Icoms were sold out on Saturday. Great, but how many did they have to begin with? 10? 100? 1000?  There is no frame of reference there. I'll wait for the Yeasu to be released to the public to make a call on it.

You live in a metro area where digital makes sense. As another post pointed out, it's a whole different world in rural areas. My county considered digital. Currently they have one primary repeater. To go digital would have required at least four. An expensive proposition for a county of 13000.

Brian Clark, AG4BC