[aprssig] BALDY APRS Station

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon May 21 11:08:52 EDT 2012

I repeat my original PS:

On 5/21/2012 9:11 AM, John Gorkos wrote:
> A considerate APRS manager would include RFONLY or NOGATE in the path
> of all tactical stations.

Actually, that choice alienates a bunch of hams assisting with an event
that may not have APRS RF capability but COULD remain aware of the
overall situation via an APRS-IS client filtered to the local area to
avoid any potential interference from duplicate tactical calls.  You
might as well keep all your packets 7 bytes shorter (the length of a
path component in the AX.25 header) and let the APRS-IS do whatever it
wills with the tactically-named stations' packets.