[aprssig] BALDY APRS Station

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:44:34 EDT 2012

The issue in this case isn't that it's tactical-ly called. It's that the
creator of the newest digi didn't check uniqueness of his tactical call.

Bad digi operator!

Tacticals need to be manually checked on the aprsis for uniqueness when
being tactically named - same as a repeater object would be.

It's a lot easier when analyzing a local network where you can only see the
raw packets ( such as the raw packet history in aprs.fi or other archiving
sites or live packet display on a D700/D710 head ) when the call insertions
are, for example LANSNG, HOLLY, SFLDV, and SFLDU instead of W8FSM-3,
W8FSM-4 W8FSM-12, and W8FSM-13.

Tactical naming of digis is more for human recognition of network layout
when a visual display isn't available. And there are times when we don't
have a nice, pretty map based client available.

Randy
WF5X