[aprssig] KPC2 like a fill in digi

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:49:24 EDT 2012

I am not very familiar with the TinyTrak4, but yes, it does advertise
callsign substitution. It can be programmed as a WIDEn-N digi. I do
not know how to program it as a WIDE1-1 fill-in.

I am more familiar with the Tracker2 (recently replaced by Tracker3).
The Tracker2 also supports WIDEn-N and callsign substitution. To
program it as a WIDE1-1 fill-in, set the digipeat alias to WIDE1 and
hop-limit to 1.

The KPC3+, D700, and D710 also support callsign substitution
(depending on how they are programmed).

This article describes how different TNCs may be programmed as fill-in
digipeaters:
http://www.aprs.org/newN/WIDE1-1settings.txt

Tom KD7LXL