[aprssig] Is FireNet Down?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 16:10:33 EDT 2012

[16:10 EDT]

On 6/27/2012 3:53 PM, Gerry Creager wrote:
> All,
>
> I've been trying to start organizing a move to minimize downtime. I
> will announce the move prior to its actual occurance: Right now there
> SHOULD be nothing to worry about.
>

> I apologize for the firenet problem. I'm trying to get the sys admins
> at A&M to check on that system for me now.
>
> 73 gerry N5JXS

Firenet is now back up and operating normally.

I decided to filter for it's actual intended purpose and and now displaying the
western fires on the all-US map on my UI-Webserver,     along with the usual
off-RF-only 30-meters HF APRS activity and firenet-supplied NWS warning
shapefiles that it has always shown.

.    <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

High-Performance Software-Only Packet TNC
http://wa8lmf.net/miscinfo/UZ7HO-Soundmodem-Install-Ver-0.44-Beta.exe

High Quality Calibrated Static Maps for Any APRS App
    http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/PM9_StaticMap_Export.htm

  Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/UIview_Notes.htm#VistaWin7

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths