[aprssig] Received packet question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Jul 13 11:15:36 EDT 2012

On 7/13/2012 11:11 AM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> Are you doing anything special to get inline graphics to show in
> postings to the APRSsig list?
>
>  I didn't think the remailer would pass graphics or attachments. I've
> noticed several times now that you have successfully passed maps
> through the system.

I use Thunderbird as an e-mail client.  I arrange what I want to be in
as small an area as possible and hit PrntScr.  Then I bring up
IrfanView, paste the entire desktop into there and crop down what I'm
after.  A quick Copy from Irfanview and a direct Paste into the e-mail
in Thunderbird.

Every single one of those ends up notifying me that it is pending
moderator approval because the size limit is inevitably exceeded, so I
only do it when I believe the screen cap adds to the message I'm
posting.  I appreciate the moderators tolerance of the extra work that
my images are causing them.