[aprssig] Received packet question

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 11:25:52 EDT 2012

On 7/13/2012 11:15 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

> I use Thunderbird as an e-mail client.  I arrange what I want to be in as
> small an area as possible and hit PrntScr.  Then I bring up IrfanView, paste
> the entire desktop into there and crop down what I'm after.  A quick Copy
> from Irfanview and a direct Paste into the e-mail in Thunderbird.

That's really wierd

I have exactly the same setup here -- Thunderbird and IrfanView. I have posted
map images, screen shots, waterfall images, etc many times on the Cross-Country
APRS Messenger list dozens of times.

However, even though I have "Compose as HTML" enabled in Thunderbird and use a
remailer devoid of all formatting (bold, italics, different point sizes,etc)
in a monospaced Courier 10 TTY font.

As a result, I had assumed that it would be impossible to embed graphics, if
even text wasn't preserved.