[aprssig] OT: Yaesu to release digital amateur radio gear

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jan 9 16:53:36 EST 2012

> As I understand it DSTAR keeps track of where a certain radio
> (callsign) was last heard and this allows it to route calls
> world wide. I don't think EL provides anything like that.

Which is sad, since that has been the #1 APRS priority since 2001.  To have
Echolink and IRLP recognize USERS by either APRS or DTMF!  We demonstrated
it back in 2001 but just cannot get them to accept the value of knowing WHO
HAS BEEN HEARD WHERE. (which APRS has been doing for 2 decades, and DTMF for
40 years).

Please see http://aprs.org/avrs.html

Bob, WB4APR