[aprssig] objects not being released

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Jan 1 18:56:00 EST 2012

You'll find that many object originators and/or injectors are just as
dumb as dumb trackers.  They transmit their objects without listening to
any channel to see if anyone wants to change them.  This is true for
WinLink, D-Star (I think), some IRLP/EchoLink status objects (local
script generated) and certainly any and all objects coded into TNC
settings at remote digipeater sites.

The object adoption portion of the spec is greatly targeted to manually
initiated local objects like those created and moved around like
checkers on a checker-board during APRS-supported events.  Long term
and/or canned information objects are really hard to get changed unless
you're already in control of the station originating them.