[aprssig] objects not being released

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Sun Jan 1 14:42:05 EST 2012

Op 1-1-2012 20:06, John Habbinga schreef:
> I'm confused.  When you connect your gateway to a winlink.org server
> it creates an object and sends it to the APRS-IS.  You believe that
> the object contains incorrect information, so you adopt it with
> UI-View32, change it and retransmit that object back to the APRS-IS,
> or on the APRS channel?
>
> I would expect that it would be overwritten the next time the
> winlink.org server transmits another object.

Per the specs the WINLINK station, nobody even knows for sure it is
actualy from winlink org, should stop transmitting the object untill it
gets updated with new information.
Because the WINLINK station is connected to the APRS-IS it should not
even matter if it is transmitted on the aprs channel or APRS-IS.
Apperatly the WINLINK station does not follow the specs or it does not
listen, maybe disconnects between transmitting the objects, who knows,
we don't even know who to contact to get the wrong info (wrong software
info in this case) corrected. We do know that the right info is on the
winlink.org site so it is not a configuration error.

73 Andre PE1RDW