[aprssig] How many Hams does it take to watch a balloon event?

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 7 17:11:26 EST 2012

I'm either not saying the email list is emergency-only.

But, to get the info out only required two (possibly three) messages:

1) We're planning a launch. Here's the intended callsign.

2) It's launched.  Here's the callsign.

After that its up to those who care to track it via their own private means.

Number 3 would be "It's down, we need help recovering it."

And, if you really want to pick nits, any launch _intended_ to leave the geographical region that it's launched in that doesn't take the different APRS frequencies into account is mostly a waste of resources and shouldn't happen.  Unless everyone wants to break their own arms trying to pat themselves on the back for not planning ahead when launching a multi-region attempt.