[aprssig] Vehicle Signatures

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Dec 5 17:33:14 EST 2012

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> I wonder how much of a "signature" is emitted by various
> makes and models. Particularly, I was wanting to detect
> the presence of Electric Cars.

Interesting, but where were you going to install the coil
in the road? Not too many places would allow you to dig
up a road and install a sensor coil. 8-) Still, the first thing
would be to see if they do radiate anything that was
detectable. Of course, you could just push for legislation
that required that all new vehicles have some kind of RFID
tag embedded, and for "black" boxes.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
www.ui-view.org