[aprssig] TT4 Config for High Altitude Balloon

Andre aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Mon Apr 9 07:22:32 EDT 2012

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 04:48:01 +0200, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
<ldeffenb at homeside.to> wrote:

> There's a bug apparently in the Tracker2 (IIRC) digipeater code that
> will do as you describe with a WIDE2, but in fact, if you think of the
> WIDEN-n as the "n" meaning how many hops are "left", then a -0 (implied
> by WIDE2) should in fact have been marked used by whatever created it.
> WIDE2-1 requests a single hop from a WIDE2 digipeater by what I've seen
> described. If WIDE2 works, then I'd personally call it a bug, not a
> feature.

Anyone know what digipeater software/firmware it is that leaves a wide2
unmarked after digipeating a wide2-1? I have seen that bug localy and
needed to work around that for my aprs over udp experiments. wel for
wide2-1 it is not a disaster but it happens for wide1-1 as wel and that
will stop a packet in it's track, one thing I have noticed is that the
software that does it also does not insert the call in the path.
--
73 Andre PE1RDW