[aprssig] The APRS AX.25 Frame

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Tue Sep 20 15:48:37 EDT 2011

Joe,

I don't know if it will help you much, but last year sometime I wrote a VB.net application that will convert a raw KISS packet to the "human readable" version.  I wrote it more of a see if I could do it project.  I never added in direct serial input, so you have to copy/cut and paste a KISS packet into the program to convert it.  Basically in the process of converting the packet, it breaks down the packet byte by byte in some tables and even parses out the converted packet to show the different elements.

Anyways, if it could be helpful, I have it for free download on my webpage at:

http://www.ke4nyv.com/software.htm

See the bottom program "KISS Packet Analyzer".

Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC
www.rpc-electronics.com