[aprssig] 12V wiring ideas

Lee Mushel herbert3 at centurytel.net
Sun Oct 30 09:52:32 EDT 2011

I do not question your conclusion or technical accuracy about crimp vs
solder.   However, I do question some of the assumptions made in drawing
this conclusion.   First, that the wire is suitable for crimping.  Then,
that a truly good tool is available.  That the connector, tool and wire are
compatible for the purpose and finally that the person doing the work is
physically capable and understands what must happen.

I contend that this is likely the case in only a small fraction of hobby
situations.  I think about the experiences I've had in the past thirty years
and would never ever, as a hobby "elmer" ever suggest anything but solder.
And that applies especially to me!

73

Lee   K9WRU