[aprssig] 12V wiring ideas

Dave Skolnick dskolnick at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 08:16:21 EDT 2011

I was a hard sell during the transition from soldering to crimps. At
one time I was space-qualified for ESD and soldering. I understood
soldering. I had to change with the times. The spacecraft industry
moved to crimps. The military moved to crimps. Properly made crimps
are stronger electrically and mechanically than solder.

Consider this article:
http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/wire_termination . Page down to the
strength test. Somewhere in there the author cuts open a crimp - the
material inside the crimp is compression welded. You won't get that
kind of connection with solder.

73 es sail fast, dave KO4MI
S/V Auspicious