[aprssig] Auto-Answer meets Auto-Responder (AVRS)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Nov 2 15:10:16 EDT 2011

Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

> Yes, they have the capability, but I don't believe they put any standard
> prefix on it.  It transmits whatever the user set the response text to.
> Makes it rather difficult to KNOW that it's an auto-reply.

There would never be "100% compliance" but perhaps it would be a
good thing to suggest users of those radios prepend an auto reply with
AA. I was going to suggest [AA] like UI-View uses, but as you mentioned.
you are already using AA: with APRSISCE/32.

> My own APRSISCE/32 prefixes all auto-replies with "AA:" (without the
> quotes, but with the colon).

That will help make it easier for John to make changes to AVRS.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH