[aprssig] CFL Bulbs and Shack backup power ;-)

Donald Jacob wb5eku at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:12:57 EDT 2011

Stephen,
I called the X10 manufacturer of the "Socket Rockets" and they
confirmed my multiple
findings. The Socket Rockets do not work with  CF bulbs. I have blown
a few of both (CF bulb and Socket Rocket) trying them out. They did
say that the appliance module will work with the CF bulbs. They are
working on a solution for the Socket Rockets and the wall mounted
switches/dimmers.
If you have had luck with the Socket Rockets please let me know the
manufacturer of the CF bulb .

Thanks
Don  WB5EKU