[aprssig] CFL Bulbs and Shack backup power ;-)

david vanhorn kc6ete at gmail.com
Tue May 31 20:41:17 EDT 2011

Something to be aware of with LED lamps, a friend of mine runs an EMI test
facility, and out of professional curiosity he has purchased and tested some
of the new LED lamps in his GTEM against FCC class A limits.  To quote him:
" Some that I tested, NO WAY IN HELL would they pass."

I didn't press for details, but just a word to the wise: Don't get heavily
invested till you find out how much noise they might make at your particular
frequencies of interest.