[aprssig] Wholehouse Surge protection?

KBØNLY kb0nly at mchsi.com
Mon May 30 23:52:50 EDT 2011

The Cutler Hammer is the one I recommend also.  Menards, Lowe's and Home
Depot all carry them now, at least here all my local stores have them in
stock.  Worth the investment ten times over in my opinion.

I still run UPS's on the computers and surge arrest power strips, not cheap
ones either, on all the electronics and ham gear in the house, but having
the whole panel one seems like a good extra step.  It's easy to install,
just add a two pole (220v) breaker to your panel and the Cutler Hammer box
wall mounts next to your panel and installs into a standard knockout, then
wire the two blacks to the breaker and the white and green to the
neutral/ground bus and your done.

73,

Scott KBØNLY