[aprssig] recommendations for 9600 TNC

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri May 6 13:07:32 EDT 2011

Double ditto what Tom said.   The D7?0 is the way to go for a 9k6
packet station.

On the other hand, I'd suggest you carefully evaluate why you need
9k6.   For a 'backbone' feeding multiple stations it would be great.
For a "user" APRS channel it's not needed, actually two fast for the
display for those with mobiles, adds cost and complexity and locks out
everybody that doesn't have the 9k6 setup.   If you want to take some
of the traffic off of 144.39 - go for UHF (or other band) with 1200
baud which should have a much wider audience than 9k6.

73
Bill - WA7NWP