[aprssig] KPC3+ induced errors

Bill Herrmann bherrman at spro.net
Sun Mar 27 02:28:54 EDT 2011

At 02:54 PM 3/15/2011, Stephen H. Smith wrote:
>The problem appears after several hours or day running in KISS mode
>and shows up as RECEIVED packets being held for long periods (up to
>several minutes at

This is an important note and anyone reporting the problem to
Kantronics should be sure to stress that it is a delay of the
received packets. I'd thought from following the messages that it was
on the transmit side. (I don't generally run KISS so I haven't seen
it other than on the trying to diagnose remotely.)

Just a thought, but can any of the stations that are managing to
reproduce the problem capture RX audio? (perhaps with a digital
recorder) If someone can capture a stream of audio that reproduces
the problem it would be much easier for Kantronics to fix the
problem. (and harder to deny it exists)

Bill