[aprssig] Clarification of APRS weather station data flow.

djhuff at rockwellcollins.com djhuff at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Mar 16 16:30:34 EDT 2011

Eric,
Where are you, and which NWS are you served by?  Not all NWS stations are
setup the same way. Some are IS only, some use RF only, and some have no
APRS at all.

Some NWS offices only use Citizen Weather Observer Program,
<http://www.wxqa.com/>
and others use weather from independent sources.

I have also been to NWS offices that ONLY had APRS weather via RF, they
explained it was problem of getting non-government approved apps thru the
firewall.
More detail or a callsign would be good.

Dave