[aprssig] KPC3+ induced errors

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 15:48:01 EDT 2011

On 3/16/2011 12:21 PM, Larry Cerney wrote:

> You wrote, "Does anyone know of any software that can receive data on a
> serial port and spit
> it out on a different virtual port?"

The Xport Serial Port Splitter does exactly this.  Originally intended to share
a serial-connected GPS receiver with multiple programs, Xport can split just
about any serial stream into up to 8 simultaneous output streams on virtual COM
ports.  The input can be either a physical RS-232 port or a virtual port from a
USB-serial dongle, etc.       One of the 8 output ports can be fully
bi-directional, while the other 7 are listen-only.

I use this program routinely in my Panasonic Toughbook laptop to share my
Garmin-18 data with UIview, MapPoint, TopoUSA, Precision Mapping, APRSpoint and
Visual GPS simultaneously.

Download this very useful piece of FREEware here:

<http://www.curioustech.net/xport.html>

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net