[aprssig] KPC3+ induced errors

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Mar 16 16:53:20 EDT 2011

Stephen WA8LMF wrote...

> The Xport Serial Port Splitter does exactly this.  Originally intended to share
> a serial-connected GPS receiver with multiple programs, Xport can split just
> about any serial stream into up to 8 simultaneous output streams on virtual
> COM ports... <http://www.curioustech.net/xport.html>

Thanks for the info. I just downloaded it. When I have time, I'll set it up on
my own IGate which is currently running a KPC3+ in KISS mode. I have
UI-View set to restart every morning at something like 3 am. I'll disable that
and then start watching the output from the KPC3+ on a virtual com port as
well as sending it to UI-View. I have seen delays caused by a KPC3+ with
my own eyes, but it will be nice to get an absolute verification that it is the
TNC and not the software.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH