[aprssig] Kenwood "TC" command (was: new IGate software)

la3qma at aprs.la la3qma at aprs.la
Thu Jun 16 04:29:52 EDT 2011

Quoting "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb at homeside.to>:

> Are you saying that sending an APRS message that happens to contain the
> text "TC 0" or "TC 1", Kenwood radio TNCs will freak out?   Does this
> happen only in "host" (CONVerse) mode or KISS or both?

In host/conversemode. so the winlink software did some parting up the
packets when it's sending/receiving an "TC" combination.

I'm guessing that the TS command also should be "trapped".

I have not verified that an APRS packet can do this.

You can compare it with your software if it "forgets" to toggle back
from this mode the radio is not decoding anything.

Kai Günter
LA3QMA