[aprssig] Android HUD Development

Tim N9PUZ tim.n9puz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:58:03 EDT 2011

I may be in the minority here but I would like to see an application
that works with a radio that is focused on good tactical messaging.

I don't need a new feature added every week. I don't want something that
isn't actively developed. I don't care if it can be an iGate. I don't
care if the application talks directly to the Internet or the APRS
servers. I'd like to be able to load all the maps I want ahead of time
just by specifying a State and County.

It'd be nice to have a series of messages logged to a file so you had a
"paper trail" of what transpired that was easily parse-able (XML?)

Personally I think a tablet or laptop/netbook version would be much more
useful than a smart phone version unless I can plug my TNC/radio into
the smart phone.

Tim N9PUZ