[aprssig] Generic Smartphone APRS aps!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Jan 25 09:28:46 EST 2011

Feel free to take up a collection to pay me to take a leave-of-absence
from my day job, replacing my full salary, paying the education expenses
for me to go learn the Android or iPhone platform, and cover enough time
to port all of my straight C and direct Win32 API code to the platform
of your choice, and I'll be there.  In the meantime, keep asking, but
it'll take someone with prior-knowledge, extreme willingness, and LOTS
of spare time to step up to the bar to deliver to your demands.

And even if they charged $50 a pop (which no one is likely to pay for an
app these days) and 100 people anted up (highly unlikely), he'd probably
end up getting $1 for every hour invested.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Don't worry, be happy!  There's no $$$ in ham software!

PS.  I do WinMo because that's what I already know and the phone I own,
not because I consciously chose it over another platform.  I've got
enough to learn on the APRS side to have to learn a new development
platform as well, especially for free.