[aprssig] APRS on Android

Eric Lorenz K9LGE k9lge at emlorenz.com
Tue Jan 25 09:02:56 EST 2011

Actually, maybe I wasn't clear after all..what I am looking for is to be
able to use my APRSDroid app for beaconing, and to be seen in the local
APRS environment just the same as those using RF, via RF. So, anyone
viewing APRS via RF on a map would see me (via reverse IS-to RF igating)
along with anyone else out there...locally to where I am. Anyone else
who is not local to where *I* am can just go on aprs.fi and see my
path/position.

Example...I am in Madison, WI- I want my beacons to be seen by anyone
watching APRS via RF as if I was beaconing directly via radio.

Is that any clearer?

Eric K9LGE

--
Eric Lorenz K9LGE