[aprssig] ISS ground digi

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Fri Jan 21 18:16:00 EST 2011

Perhaps one of the smart guys that make TNC"s from uP can include some search and replace code in the digi path ?

Add another option "Satellite SGATE DIGI"

Search for "SGATE" replace with "WIDE2-1" or preserve the "SGATE" as well.

Maybe a satellite "robot" can be made like I did years ago with a PIC chip

It listened for "SGATE" to come in on the serial line , (ie satellite in range) and the TX for 10 minutes every minute then went back to sleep.

Maybe we need to launch a satellite that "triggers" ground stations, and then relays the list ?

The ground unit could be considered a "transponder" itself.

Maybe the sat could have some smarts and "POLL" heard ground stations ?

Maybe the ground transponders could have a "lock" light.

I see the ground device as being a simple radio and a uP style TNC

Just a few ideas.

The best satellite I liked was dove i thnk its was ?

Just straight packet down ?

What would be cool is a satellite that sends it position LAT and LON.

 Andrew VK4TEC