[aprssig] GPS possible disruption SE US Jan 20 - Feb 22

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 19:25:41 EST 2011

> . we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <noskosteve at yahoo.com> flavor, containing:

Oh NO!  Not that Bogon thing again!  And I just got over the Higgs Boson...

> > I often say that... "Can you explain that in terms I know?" (;-)
> > 304906N = 30.4906 Deg North ... 0802811W = 80.2811 Deg West

> Except that's not the lat/lon format that NOTAMS use.  It's DDMMSS format,

Ahhhh  OK Hmmm  except according to the DOT/FAA/Procedures for Handling Airspace Matters:
  http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/AIR/air2102.html

The recommend format includes the degree, minute and second marks, but, perhaps, without them is common.  (40°06'00"N)  Anyway it's only about .4 degree off each way.

It's obviously a high altitude signal of some sort.

  "Jam" can be disrupt, destroy, obscure or alter.  A nice slow shift in GPS coords would do it.  If you cut it off you can continue on inertial or dead reconning.

OR...  we're passing close to a wormhole...
--
73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)
USN: 8/63 - 8/69

I served during the cold war, so you can be served a cold one.