[aprssig] TNC2 FoxDigi - COM problem

alexandru yo2ldk at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 06:56:19 EST 2011

hi Chris,
 I know very well how the software worked since I bought amarvel of modem from Cross Country Wireless Ltd and
 thedifference is huge, get instant reply after each command in
theterminal window!
also, if the fox  receive 4or5 digital frames of10, is well,
when, withTNC APRS Digi modem with GPS Tracker I recipe on 9 of 10, in the
worst case, when interference or signal too weak .. idem with Aprsvw viewer
from MAX IK3SVW ,this i made it with an old TCM3105 and have great reception -
10 from 10, always
Modem from CCCW  i keep at home, but i made another 2 for an digipeater project
and don't work like i need, many lost request and not digipeating even if i make
a good config setup and without UI-View like:

ECHO ON
TXDELAY 70
GPS $GPGGA
TRace OFF
MONitor ALL
DIGIpeater ON
BEACON On EVERY 5
UNPROTO WIDE1-1 V WIDE2-2
MYCALL  yo2ldk-1
MYALIAS WIDE1-1

I hope to put it into operation before the new year but not goingas I expected,
so, I asked for advice or guidance here