[aprssig] Allstar VOIP systems?

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Sat Feb 26 13:34:40 EST 2011

On 2/26/2011 12:26 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
> What is this ham radio VOIP system called ALLSTAR?
> How is it different from IRLP or Echolink?

It uses open source Linux software.

The Asterisk PBX forms the heart of intergrating voip phones, echolink,
and irlp.

https://allstarlink.org/about.html

Allstar is an open (as in open to any amateur) network of radios,
phones, potentially remote bases, etc.

Several other groups use Asterisk to form not-open networks.

--
       ) )    de WA2MCT Mark
      ( (     Echolink 221408      Grid Square EL17HQ
    `|____|   wa2mct at mearle.com  wa2mct at juno.com  wa2mct at arrl.net