[aprssig] APRS in daily use

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 21 14:33:01 EST 2011

One word... Telemetry.

I keep an eye on two (soon three) repeater sites (temp, battery voltage,
power failures, door open alerts and APRS channel activity) via APRS
telemetry.

http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/VK5RPL-1
http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/VK5RAC-1
http://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/VK5RNB-1

Alarm conditions (power fail, door open and battery low) create APRS
objects and an APRS message sent to my office APRS station.

Michael.
VK5ZEA