[aprssig] APRS in daily use

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Feb 20 21:24:41 EST 2011

My wife and I both have Tracker2 trackers with Nuvi350 interfaces in our
vehicles.  Sometimes when we're both out and about, we'll spot each
other on the Nuvi screen and send a quick APRS message to meet for
dinner.  We'd never bother to call because we're never sure of the
timing of the other, but with the instant visibility to motion and
proximity, we know the opportunity is there.

I've also received APRS messages on the Nuvi with the typical "can you
bring a loaf of bread home" and have sent the same as I saw her van
driving into the store.  Again, if I didn't know she was going to Sam's
Club, I wouldn't have thought to ask her for the case of Green Tea, but
when I see her on approach, I remember to ask.