[aprssig] Setting up a KPC-3+ as a tracker

Kent Hufford khufford at atlanticbb.net
Wed Feb 9 11:30:34 EST 2011

I need to install a KPC-3+ with an Alinco mobile. The KPC-3+ is already
wired to the
Alinco thru the KPC-3+ RADIO DB9. So, I need to install the GPS thru a
DB25-DB9 adapter
on the KPC-3+ COMPUTER port.

I have been looking on lots of great APRS web sites for all the KPC-3+
settings. So
far, all I have found are settings to make the KPC-3+ into a digi, or iGATE,
or using the
TNC with the GPS connected to the RADIO port on the 3+.

Since the radio to TNC is already wired, and there is no plan to connect a
laptop to the
computer port on the TNC, just need a plain installation example.

thanks in advance
Kent
KQ4KK